Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 47 - I got couscous on my keyboard

Today started out pretty rough. Monday's kill me. Have I said that before? Once again after working all day and teaching I didn't get home until 10:30pm or so. It was too late to jump rope and do my full PCP workout so I did the elliptical and 8 min abs. Working out that late makes it really hard to fall asleep. So after only about 4-5hrs of sleep I woke up pretty damn grumpy. My mood lightened after I had a successful design presentation with a client.

I took Patrick's advice on switching up my food more so today I made couscous, with broccoli, carrots, and all sorts of other mixed veggies and baked chicken breast for lunch. I'm shocked that I actually like the granular little carb. The last time I tried it I pretty much hated it. I did end up spilling some on my keyboard. Those little suckers are quite sticky and are really hard to get out between the keys. I advise not eating them at your desk.

Another thing that cheered me up is this video that a fellow Capoeirista posted on Facebook. It might be the best Capoeira video ever!!!

3 comments:

  1. What's there not to like about couscous? It's the most innocuous carb in the world. Cute little carb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick... I think the first time I had it, it had some strange spices in it and it was a little soupy and mushy. I hated the texture and the taste was overwhelming. Ever since then I swore it off b/c it was just that bad. now that I tried it plain and made my way it's really yummy.

    I see a bright future for me and the little guy.

    ReplyDelete