Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 63 - Oi vey the pain

My mouth is killing me!



My gums and teeth have become ridiculously sensitive over the past month. I'm not exactly sure what the hell is going on. It used to be just the right side of my mouth, but starting last night, it is now both. I can't can even chew lettuce or egg whites without excruciating pain. I see a periodontist every 3 months for a deep cleaning because my gums are receding. My next appointment isn't until April. Ugh!

I looked up causes of tooth sensitivity and one of them is acidic foods. Have I been eating too many acidic foods? Is it the pack a day gum habit I started since starting the Peak? I can't take it anymore. I've been popping Advil like it is candy and it doesn't seem to be helping anymore. I just ran out to the Pharmacy and bought some Ambosal so I can eat my lunch, but all it did was make my mouth numb and as soon as I started eating the pain returned.

I'm hungry god damn it and I want to eat my lunch!!!! I'm hoping my periodontist is available next week. Otherwise I might have to start pureeing my meals. Ill gross, the thought of that just made my stomach turn.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Is it your gums, or could it be in your teeth?

    Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Weirdness. Is there something you're eating now that you didn't before? You're having a rough time with it Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeowch!! That sounds really painful--I can't imagine every bite or chew being full of pain. I'm sorry to hear that.

    I hope you can get in to see your periodontist soon & that you can track down the root cause of this too.

    Wishing you a not-sore mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you already got an appointment with you periodontist.
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete