Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 58 - FCP

Went to capoeira class this afternoon. I knew my body was already tired and hurtin from last nights work out but I had no idea just how bad it was going to be. I was basically at complete muscle failure 10 min into the start of the class. Today, Foca had us do Capoeira circuit training. It basically was the FCP, " The Foca Condition Project", and that sh*t was no joke. 7 stations about 1.5 - 2 min each.

1. pisão rodando

2. Queda take down

3. Step up Jinga on a stack of really high mats

4. Jump rope

5. Jinga with 10lb weights in your arms

6. Down to push up, jump back up martelo kick

7. Same thing


And do it again...


Then a 1/2 hr of floreios. Headsprings, sdobrados, macacu...




Oh and before all that was warm up, consisting of running, push-ups, jumping jack like things, etc.


There were points where I really thought I was going to die or at the very least pass the hell out. So needless to say I am SPENT.


Foca did tell me that I did a really good job in class at the end though and that just made it all worth it. Trying my best to keep up and do PCP at the same time. It's seriously a difficult task.


Gonna eat lunch take a nap and hope to have energy for my PCP workout. Not too sure how that is going to go after an hour and a half of FCP. Obrigada Foca!!

4 comments:

  1. I think the other capoeristas are jealous of your muscles, so Foca is stepping it up for everyone.

    We can't have you be the only one with a six pack and killer biceps now can we?

    Congrats on pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a rock star! After Tuesday's class like that, my eyelid was twitching.

    Also, your biceps ARE killer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post made me tear up a little, Lil. Though I was in that class, and hurting because of my own recurring injury issues, it wasn't until I saw your list that I realized just how much crazy hard work we do in class (I mean, of course I realize it, but ...I really realize it now). But g-dang it -- we are quite a group of tough, resilient, dedicated people who stick with it for the entire hour and half (on top of whatever other strengthening and conditioning work we do during the rest of our days) and live to tell the tale. I didn't know you were also on the verge of death -- you totally powered through with a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loyal a member of the Foca Condition Project, I'm there every day! I love Foca's workouts especially when he pushes us and makes us hella sweaty. I must say watching this video of his s-dobrado makes me super jealous! Nice pics, your arms are dope.

    ReplyDelete