Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 38

Hmm...nothing too new to report here. This past Friday I went out dancing with a bunch of friends to celebrate Carnaval! Everyone was drinking and having a great time and I'm really proud to say that I did not have the tinniest sip of alcohol. I had some seltzer with lemon instead :) We danced and we watched another Capoeira group preform capoeira and maculele. (the picture here is actually a performance my group did last summer, I think that might be a part of me cut off all the way to the left) The group's floreios we pretty freaking sweet. (floreios are the acrobatic movements in Capoeira) I would love to be able to do this move.


hmm...I'm going to set a goal for myself. By the end of this summer I will have the first part this trick down. haha ok ready set go.


3 comments:

  1. I love watching maculele. I never took part, but I'd love to some time. Hope you are keeping your energy levels up to do all that capoeira with the PCP. Great work, Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch this video! I'll help a TON.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz7FtYrLQdY

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nickety Thanks, sometimes I think I might love Maculele more than Capoeira. No not really but you know what I mean :)

    @ Patrick Great video! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete