Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 28

Coming clean...
It snowed like crazy here yesterday. I woke up a little earlier to shovel my back steps and a porch so that Chewie wouldn't break her leg going out in the morning. Here are some snow pics.
Chewie in the snow, AM.
The yard in the PM.

I was so sluggish at work. I even fell asleep at my desk for about 2 minutes. I as awaken by that startling head nod that happens when you fall asleep sitting up. I wanted to make it to Capoeira that night but by the time I got home from work all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch a good movie as the snow fell outside. So that's exactly what I did. Instead of going to class or doing my PCP work out, I put on my PJs. I ate my PCP dinner and then I curled up on the couch with Chewie and my indulgence. A giant bowl of air popped popcorn with a little spray butter on it. Once the bowl was gone I still felt like I didn't do my indulgence any justice so I had a piece of a whole wheat baguette with some sugar-free strawberry jelly and a little more spray butter. I know it probably sounds lame to you but I liked it. I never made it through the movie. I passed out at 8:30. I woke up this morning still feeling like I could have slept another 6 hours, but I had to go to work. I'm feeling a little better but still in a pissy mood. I saw Patrick's email with the new portions and I am not happy about it. Even smaller than last week. I'm really really worried that my Capoeira training will have to take a back seat if I have to stick with these new exercises. There is no way my body will be able to handle both. I'm feeling very conflicted right now and rethinking if this program is even worth it.

Why the hell did I decide to sign up for this????

4 comments:

  1. Because it's only 3 months! And when you're done, you're gonna be a TOTAL ASS KICKIN' HOTTIE!

    I can empathize, though...it was a tough decision, but I ended up slowing down my capoeira intake. There just weren't enough hours in the day! The downtime was priceless, though, and the upside is that it was temporary, and I only had a couple of stumbly classes where I felt like I was never going to catch up, and then it was all BOOM! Jacare what, bitches? Trust me, by the end of this, you'll feel so strong and confident in the roda. Foca will have to change your name to ASS-KICKER.

    Take care of yourself! Sleep sleep sleep this weekend! (Maybe sneak an extra apple today...shh...don't tell Patrick I said that.)

    P.S. I was so going to class last night too, but I TOTALLY climbed into bed at, like, 6:30 and waved my white flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you haven't been feeling your best, you look GREAT. Jacare what, bitches? the funniest thing I've heard all week...keep it up, the changes are noticeable for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't despair, Mickey. The answer to your question 'Why the hell did I decide to sign up for this???? ' is what you need to remember: you signed up because you felt before you did that you wanted to feel and look a certain way. You are probably doing better than you think, though, as Emily says, you may need to cut back on the capoeira briefly till you finish the programme. Then, I imagine, you'll return to capoeira with more energy, strength and flexibility than you had before.

    I'm rooting for you, Mickey. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I have to say I am feeling a lot more positive today. Last night I went to Capoeira after work and afterward I felt so much better. I can always count on Capoeira to pick me back up. T

    @ Pingo...thank you!! I am so looking forward to the "Jacare what, bitches?" day and when it happens everyone better watch the F out ;)

    ReplyDelete