Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 34


Dried fruit is the devil!

Yesterday I found these all natural, organic, dried pineapple and apple rings. No added sugar, no salt, just pure deliciousness. Once I started eating them I couldn't stop. I didn't want to stop. My brain kept telling me, it's OK Mickey. It's fruit. It's all natural. It's following the rules. Well, maybe if I had weighed out my fruit portion and then only ate that. Which is totally not what I did. I definitely ate much more than I should have and I'm feeling a bit ill this morning. I feel like my belly has tripled in size. I think I might have to outlaw dried fruit for the rest of my Peak.

I also feel like I am not seeing the results that I should be at this point. Is it the baked Oriental yams for breakfast? Do yams count as a veggie or carb? Is it my 1 pack of sugar-free gum a day habit? Or is it the extra piece of fruit that I have been sneaking almost everyday? Probably all three.

Well from now on, I am going to try much harder to follow my portion sizes. I mean what the hell is the point of abstaining from alcohol, sugar and salt if I'm just going to fatten myself up with approved foods.

2 comments:

  1. The devil pineapple ring made me laugh. I completely relate to this, though--dried fruit is so tasty & so easy to eat & when it's the no-sugar no-added-bad-stuff kind, it seems so harmless! I have to just not buy any, because if it's around, I'll eat it 'til it's gone.

    Pineapple Devil. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, dried fruit. Gets people every time.

    As far as results go, don't get too attached to weekly changes. I've never seen anyone have a completely straight line to the peak. Everyone plateaus, then climbs, then plateaus again. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete