Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 24

I'm back from our yearly Capoeira retreat. I had an amazing time. I feel both exhausted and rejuvenated at the same time. We trained, we played, we sang, we trained some more but most of all we were able to really bond as a group. I got a chance to get to know some of the newer members to our academy and learned some things about old friends. It's very rare to find a Capoeira group as close knit as ours and I am truly lucky to be apart of it. I just wanted to give a special shout out to Mestre Foca and Ana who made this weekend possible. You two are amazing!

Now on to the real question...how did I hold up with the Peak?

I think I did pretty well. They serve lacto-vegetarian and vegan meals there and they incorporate fresh and natural foods whenever possible. I eye balled my veggie and carb portions and ate that with the group. Then I would sneak off back to my room where I stored a cooler with hard boiled eggs and grilled chicken. All weighed out and wrapped up for lunch and dinner. Ssshhh...don't tell the yogis. Saturday night was the big temptation. Everyone brought a TON and I mean a TON of snacks to share. Oreos, snickers, yogurt covered raisins, more chocolate, home made cookies and one of my all time favorites... CHEESE DOODLES. And guess how much I ate???

Um...none :) Not a one. I ate my fruit that I brought and chewed a CRAP LOAD of gum. Thank God for Orbit, and it's multitude of fruity flavors.

As far as my exercises go. I didn't do my them on Saturday, but I think 2 hours of Capoeira and 1 hour of Maculele was enough of a substitution. Today we trained another 2 hours. One exercise Foca had us do was walk across the gym floor in push up position with someone else in push up position perpendicular to you with there feet on your back. (hmmm...not sure that makes sense but I'm not exactly sure how to explain it.) Anyway, I was so tired from training and then driving 2 hours back home all I wanted to do was pass out, but instead I prepped all my food for the next couple of days and managed to get through my PCP workout. Don't ask me how I did it because I seriously have no idea. I am so fried. Going to bed.

ps...I will post some pictures once someone else from our academy shares some. I brought my camera with me but didn't take a single one.

4 comments:

  1. Mickey, sounds like you had a really good time. The cooler is a great idea for situations like that.
    And all my respect for not succumbing in the temptation with all that sugar around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go for not snacking! Cheese Doodles are my weakness too! (well, anything day-glow orange ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your self-control was inspiring over the weekend! There's already a real noticable difference in your pictures! Go, Lilica, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for having your coolers at hand and not succumbing to the munchie monster! You're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete