Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 32


A lot of my fellow Peakers have talked about the music they listen to while doing their workout. Personally, I don't listen to music while I work out, I watch TV instead. I usually find inspiration for my workout by watching, dvr'ed episodes of Lost (of course), Make it or Break It (a really cheesy show that's about a bunch of teen gymnasts) and lately the Olympics. I came across this clip that shows the German ski team doing their "Rocky-style" training in this make shift barn gymnasium. I can totally see Patrick incorporating some of these balance/ strength exercises into the PCP.

I like to pretend that I am training for the next summer Olympics in 2012. Or better yet the 2016 one that will be held in Brasil. I'm betting there will be a ton of Capoeira performed in the opening ceremonies. How freaking awesome it would be to be a apart of that!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I don't listen to music. What a good idea - pretend you're training for the Olympics! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capoeira in the opening ceremonies would be incredible. I love to watch people practice it. It's such a strong and graceful practice! How people move when they perform Capoeira is how I move in my imagination. :)

    I'm in awe daily at the fact you train in that AND then do the PCP too. Mindblowing.

    Excellent picture of the bike in today's post. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love to pretend I'm training for an adventure, for a long expedition crossing the Andes or because I am about to become a dark super hero!!!
    So, Capoeira Olympic Team 2016? Go, Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh, your TV viewing workouts are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop
    myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. : https://www.fdcmovies.com/

    ReplyDelete