Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 15

Feeling proud... This morning I had a breakfast meeting with a client at one of the more popular and delicious cafes in mid-town Manhattan. When the meeting was first scheduled, I quickly worried about how I was supposed to stick with my Peak diet and not look like a weirdo, who sat there and watched everyone else eat. I right away went to the cafe's website to see what the menu was like. I noticed that they had a fresh fruit plate. I decided that I would eat my normal breakfast at home before hand and then use up my morning fruit at the restaurant. It worked perfectly! I was eyeing my co-workers bacon, but since I was full from my breakfast at home, it wasn't as tempting as it normally would be. It was nice to see that with just a little planning before hand I can easily adapt my life to the Peak.


Feeling sore...I'm not going to hide it. I HATE JUMPING ROPE!! Well let me correct that. My shins and my calves hate jumping rope. I even have special running sneakers that are designed to protect me from shin splints but I don't think it's making a difference. I can do about 100-150 at a time and then I need to take 20 secs or so to stretch out my calves. I'm hoping that eventually my body will adjust and I won't have to dread the rope anymore. As it stands right now though; I am not a fan. But, I do find these guys quite inspiring, so there is still hope.





Feeling hungry...Patrick changed our alloted veggie, carb and protein intakes today. Even though I'm still eating a substantial amount of food, I felt hungry for the first time in a week. I think my belly has to get used to these new portion sizes.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job. With a little foresight you can navigate the restaurant world. If you're like past PCPers who've had jumprope pain, your muscles will have gotten the message and shored themselves up in about two more weeks. If not, tell me and we can work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think the j-rope is anyone's favorite -- at least at the beginning. It takes time, but it does get better. Do you do any leg stretches before and after jumping? That will help with the muscle pain and soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on keeping to the PCP while entertaining a client. It's easier to keep to it when you can keep to your own schedule, but much harder when work dictates where you need to go and whom you need to meet.

    ReplyDelete