Friday, January 22, 2010

Day Ate!!

That's right I said ate. I've been reading other Peaker's blogs and it seems as though everyone is wondering why we are eating so much. I'll tell you right now, I AM NOT COMPLAINING. I actually feel like my prescribed diet is perfect. I definitely felt a little too full at lunch but I think that was because I had my snack only 2 hours before.


I seriously need to stock my fridge tomorrow. I think I'll head to the farmers market by the park. I'm already kind of sick of broccoli. I never thought I'd say that because I always really liked the little tree-like veggies but you know what they say about "too much of a good thing."


I had a bit of a freak out today when I thought I wouldn't be able to chew gum. I have a tendency to chew like 4 pieces in a row after lunch. I thought we wouldn't be able to have any since it is made in a factory but Patrick said it was OK as long as it is sugarless. YAY!! The only other thing I've been craving is pop corn. I could care less about butter, it's the salty goodness that I miss.


I have always had a huge love affair with salt. As a kid I would actually eat the salt right out of the shaker. My parents always knew where to find it if it wasn't in the kitchen. I would keep it right by my bed side. Gross, I know. I broke that habit many many moons ago but it just goes to show you how close me and ye ol sodium are, ahem, were.


My back is still a little sore so I didn't go to Capoeira today but I was able to complete the PCP workout without a hitch. The push up bars really make a difference and the pull up bar was definitely harder than I thought it would be. I don't own any chairs so I had to get all Macgyver. I took my broom and laid it across my arm chair and my coffee table. It actually worked out just fine.



5 comments:

  1. My friend Anne had some really good suggestions for popcorn: lime and chili powder or dill and...vinegar, I think? She had another that I can't recall...doesn't satisfy the salt need but does give you something delicious to put on your popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly also suggest nutritional yeast. I bought some yesterday in case I ever want to spice up my food. Still trying to get used to my food without additives though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cravings for salt will ebb, and you'll be surprised how salty foods taste in their natural state -- seafood especially.

    A nice alternative to added salt are the salt-free Spike products:
    http://www.modernfearn.com/index_files/Page390.htm
    It's the tops on popcorn!

    Enjoy all that food -- big, healthy breakfasts are the way to day-long high energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of your Farmer's Market! Ours don't start around here until after PCP will be over :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I like to hear, improvisation and self-reliance! Nice!

    ReplyDelete