Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 4

Like some of the rest of you, I found it a little more difficult to run through my PCP workout today. My legs felt really heavy while I was jumping rope. I think it's because up until today I was jumping bare foot. I read Patrick's post on someone else's blog and he said that it's better to wear sneakers, so from now on I'm strapping those suckers on.

I went to the lower level 6:30 Capoeira class today thinking I would be taking it easy. I felt pretty strong throughout. However, I'm wondering how training and PCP are going to work together. For instance there were 12 of us in class and each one had to lead a set of 20 crunches and 10 push ups. Yeah that's right people, that's a total of 240 crunches and 120 push ups. Add the 32 push ups from this morning and the 30 leg lifts and thats just a ridiculous amount of arm and ab work. Nothing like, "Keep it light, keep it consistent, and you'll see results."

See now I know why I am starving all the time with this half portion thing. I think the only one happy with it is my dog Chewie. Tonight I am craving some serious protein, so I'm making steak for dinner. She will be getting my other half. Oh happy dog, happy, happy dog.

4 comments:

  1. I have to ask cause I just noticed that Kate was your role model choice. Are you as big of a LOST dork as I am? I love that show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE Lost dork. Only 15 more days till the final season starts. I'm excited but, kind of sad too. I don't want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Keep it light, keep it consistent" refers to your cardio (jumprope) Go nuts with the abs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 152 push-ups? That is pretty badass. Gives me something to aspire to... on down the road!

    ReplyDelete