Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 77 - Bye, bye jump rope

Physical therapy update take 2.

This new place was WAY more professional then the last. It was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. Thanks G! Anyway, turns out my doctor was right and it is my sacroiliac joint that is causing me problems. Lindsay, my new PT. Had me do all sorts of bends, and walks and what not. Then she began to push at my hips, pull on my leg, etc. At the time it didn't really seem like much. I hardly felt a thing. But, then a couple hours later I noticed that my back wasn't throbbing as much anymore. In fact it hardly hurt. Woohoo this Lindsay is a miracle worker. I am scheduled to go every Tuesday and Thursday until the 29th. There is one little snaffu though, she says I should stay away from jumping rope. That the pounds will undo the good things we are trying to do in our sessions. So tonight I did the elliptical for a half hour. I definitely felt the pain again afterward but it's not as bad as it was.

So, only 2 weeks left and I'm told to hang up the rope. Patrick, what should I do? Is the elliptical a viable fallback?

1 comment:

  1. Elliptical is fine but you gotta crank away at that sucker!

    ReplyDelete